Final/Best lifts of the year (515 squat, 565 deadlift, 300 bench):
My favorite milestones (in no particular order):
- 405x10 deadlift (was a longtime goal before I started 5/3/1)
- 325x10 squat (first ten rep set)
- 225x10 bench (first time I felt like my bench was beyond embarrassing)
- 400x7 squat (first time properly squatting 400lbs)
- 500x4 deadlift (first time repping 500lbs)
- 475x1 squat (first time maxing out squat after Smolov)
- 160x10 OHP (When my OHP started to match my original clean and jerk strength)
- Meeting Jim Wendler
My first bench cycle (220x2):
My first squat max attempt (405lbs, above parallel)
My first deadlift cycle (400x7 bounced):
Programs work. Pick one and let it mature. Have faith in your program. Make eating and sleeping priority number one. If you do those three things, you will make progress. This shit isn't complicated. It's been awesome, later, guys. P.S. STRETCH.
Other lifting blogs you should follow:
- http://swolesister.wordpress.com/ - She's smart, hot, strong, and has recipes. 'Nuff said.
- http://beantownbarbell.wordpress.com/ - He's handsome, I'm jealous. He's also gonna be strong.
- http://ctrlaltlift.blogspot.com/ - He's short, but probably stronger than you. Also a national level competitor.